As we continue to adapt and respond to the rapidly changing environment brought on by COVID-19, we want agents to know TWIA remains committed to
- Preparing to respond during spring storm season and the hurricane season that follows, and
- Working with agents and policyholders to improve their TWIA experience.
Prepare Before a Storm for an Improved Claims Experience
Recent events remind us that being prepared can make a big difference during a crisis. Here are two actions agents can take now that could make a big difference to your clients after a storm.
1. Verify Policyholder Contact Information Is Correct in Policy Center
Login to Policy Center here.
Why Does This Matter? TWIA’s ability to quickly contact policyholders affects their TWIA claims experience. Communicating with policyholders by phone or email has proven essential when practicing social distancing and when responding to displaced communities after a storm.
2. Ask Your TWIA Policyholders to Register to Use Claims Center
Policyholders can register for Claims Center here.
If already registered, policyholders can log in to verify password and profile information here.
Why Should Policyholders Do This Now? It will save your clients time after a storm if they need to file a claim with TWIA. By using Claims Center TWIA policyholders can report new claims directly to TWIA 24 hours a day, communicate directly with TWIA claims staff, check the status of existing claims, and view and submit claims documents and images.
TWIA Is Here to Help
- Please let us know if you or your clients have issues using Claims Center at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we may address them as soon as possible.
- If you want to know more about the temporary payment option available to policyholders impacted by the COVID-19 crisis, please visit our dedicated web post.
- If you have questions about any of our COVID-19 response or storm preparation activities, please contact our Agent Services team at email@example.com.