We take our responsibility to protect policyholder and agent information seriously. That is why we wish to remind agents of our practice of securing email that contains sensitive data.
What agents need to know:
- Most email you receive from Texas Windstorm Insurance Association will NOT be secure because it is rare that sensitive financial information needs to be communicated via email.
- This does not apply to system-generated emails.
- We will use secure emails when it is necessary to send tax identification, driver license, and bank account numbers.
What to do if you receive a passcode-protected email from us:
- Click the link in the email. It will generate a separate email containing a one-time passcode.
- You will use that passcode to open the original email. You will not have to type it in again when replying or engaging with the same email thread.
- Only you and the email addresses in the “To” and “From” fields can access the email content.
- The email content cannot be copied, printed, or forwarded. Click here to read more about our recommended approach to opening a secure email.
We realize taking this extra protective measure could be an inconvenience and thank you in advance for your understanding and support.
If you have any questions, please call 800-979-6440 or direct questions or requests for assistance by email to email@example.com.