As directed by the TWIA Board of Directors at their August 6, 2019 meeting, the Executive Committee of the TWIA Board met on September 12, 2019 to reconstitute the membership of the Actuarial/Underwriting Committee as follows:
- Debbie King – Amtrust Group (Committee Chair)
- Stephen Alexander – Alexander Actuarial Consulting
- David Futterleib – Travelers Insurance
- Marilyn Hamilton – Retired, Texas Department of Insurance
- Corise Morrison – USAA
- Georgia Neblett – University of Texas Marine Science Institute
- Tony Schrader – Retired, Iowa Department of Insurance
A meeting of the Actuarial/Underwriting Committee will be scheduled and notice of the meeting posted on the TWIA and TDI websites and in the Texas Register per the Texas Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 Texas Government Code.
The committee has historically developed recommendations to the TWIA Board concerning Association rate filings, including the Association’s statutorily required August 15th rate filing, other rate filings permitted by law, and rate adequacy issues and strategies.
Per the TWIA Plan of Operation (Rule §5.4001, Texas Administrative Code), the Executive Committee currently consists of the chair, vice chair, and secretary-treasurer of the TWIA Board and may exercise the powers delegated by the TWIA Board in the day-to-day administrative management of the Association.