The TWIA Agent Portal and Claims Center will be available tomorrow (Monday, February 22) at 6:00 a.m. Our phone lines will open at 8:00 a.m.
Policyholders who need to report a claim today (Sunday) may call us at (800) 788-8247. After 6:00 a.m. on Monday, our online Claims Center will be the fastest way to report a claim. Registration is easy; existing users can log in here.
The February 23 TWIA Board meeting has been postponed due to last week's winter storms. We will post the new date and details once the meeting is rescheduled. Learn more about the meeting here.
Working with Agents and Policyholders on Policies, Payments, and Claims
- We will hold all policy cancellations until pending payments can be processed.
- Please contact us with any concerns about policy submissions, renewals, or payments. We will work with you and are committed to helping policyholders avoid lapses in coverage wherever possible.
- Premium payments will be applied to policies in our systems as soon as possible.
- Staff will continue to work extended shifts processing mail, policy payments, policy submissions, and claims.
- Our field adjusters remain committed to following CDC guidelines when inspecting property damage.
- We expect our call volume to be higher than usual in the coming week(s). We are staffing to meet this increase, but you may experience longer than usual hold times. If your concern isn’t an emergency, please consider contacting our Policy Services team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It is possible the postal service will have additional mail to catch up on this week. To avoid possible delays, we encourage agents and policyholders to submit new payments online, where possible.
A Reminder About Coverages
- For damage to be covered by a TWIA policy, it must be the direct result of wind or hail. Damage from burst pipes due to freezing temperatures and downed limbs due to ice are not covered by our windstorm policy.
- Many agents also have clients with Texas FAIR Plan Association (TFPA) policies. TFPA policies are designed to provide only basic homeowners insurance. Damage caused by plumbing system leaks is covered by endorsement HO-400 or HO-401. Each has a limit of $5,000.
- TFPA policyholders can report a TFPA claim online or by calling (800) 979-6440. TFPA Claims Center will be available at 6:00 a.m. on Monday.
We thank you for your patience as we resume regular operations.