The Board will not consider a rate filing at the May 18 meeting. Among items expected to be considered by the Board are:
- Reinsurance procurement above the 1:100 probable maximum loss for the 2021 storm season;
- The renewal of a line of credit to allow for quickly paying claims in the event of a catastrophic storm impacting the Texas coast this year;
- Future refinancing options for TWIA’s Series 2014 Class 1 securities.
Public Participation and Comment
Members of the public are invited to submit written comments via email at PublicComment@TWIA.org. Interested parties are encouraged to submit comments by noon on Friday, May 14 to enable the Board to receive and review them prior to the May 18 meeting. All written comments will be provided to the TWIA Board regardless of when they are received.
Members of the public are invited to provide verbal comments to the TWIA Board during the designated public comment portion of the meeting. Those wishing to make public comment during the meeting must register and log into the meeting via Zoom.
- Click here to register to attend the meeting via Zoom.
- After registering for the meeting, you will receive a confirmation email with details on how to join the meeting via computer, tablet, smartphone, or telephone.
- The meeting will also be livestreamed via YouTube.
An archived recording of the meeting will be available on TWIA’s website after the meeting at www.twia.org/about-us/board-of-directors/archived-meetings.
If you are a member of the media, you may send inquiries to email@example.com.