The Board of Directors of the Texas Windstorm Insurance Association (TWIA) will meet on Tuesday, December 7 at 9:00 a.m. CT. The agenda for the meeting can be found here and the meeting materials are here.
Among items the Board is expected to consider or act on are:
- Request by coastal legislators that the Board reverse its August 2021 rate decision
- Early payoff/redemption of 2014 Class 1 Public Securities
- Reports from the Actuarial & Underwriting Committee on:
- Wind mitigation credits
- Vendor selections for reinsurance broker services and catastrophe modeling services
- Agent commissions
- Make up, duties, and responsibilities of the Actuarial and Underwriting Committee
- Review and approval of the 2022 TWIA budget
- Association office lease and building project
- Performance evaluation of the General Manager
All meetings of the TWIA Board of Directors and its committees are open to the public. The public may attend the meeting in person at the Omni Corpus Christi Hotel or via Zoom. Members of the TWIA Board and staff may participate in the meeting in person or virtually. The meeting will also be livestreamed on YouTube.
Providing Public Comment to the Board
Members of the public are invited to submit written comments via email at PublicComment@TWIA.org. Interested parties are encouraged to submit comments by noon on Friday, December 3 to enable the Board to receive and review them before the December 7 meeting. All written comments will be provided to the Board regardless of when they are received.
Written comments submitted to TWIA are subject to the Texas Public Information Act. TWIA will post public comments received, with personally identifiable information redacted, at the bottom of this page.
Members of the public are invited to provide verbal comments to the TWIA Board during the designated public comment portion of the meeting. Those wishing to make public comment during the meeting must attend the meeting in person at the Omni Corpus Christi Hotel in Corpus Christi Ballroom A or register and log into the meeting via Zoom on a computer, tablet, smartphone, or telephone.
- Click here to register to attend the meeting via Zoom.
- After registering for the meeting, you will receive a confirmation email with details on how to join the meeting from your preferred device.
- The meeting will also be livestreamed on YouTube.
Anyone attending the meeting in person at the Omni Corpus Christi Hotel will be encouraged to wear a mask and comply with social distancing protocols. TWIA staff will be on-site at the Omni Corpus Christi Hotel to facilitate the public comment process.
Members of the media with questions about the Board meeting, please email MediaRelations@TWIA.org.
The meeting materials and archived recording for the Board meeting will be added to our Archived Meetings page after the meeting.
Written Public Comment Received
As of December 6, 2021, TWIA has received 163 written public comments related to this meeting. Public comments are posted here within two business days of being received by TWIA.
- Written public comment received 11/23/2021
- Written public comment received 11/28/2021
- Written public comments received 11/29/2021
- Written public comments received 11/30/2021
- Written public comments received 12/1/2021
- Written public comments received 12/2/2021
- Written public comments received 12/3/2021
- Written public comments received 12/4/2021
- Written public comments received 12/5/2021
- Written public comments received 12/6/2021