The Texas Windstorm Insurance Association’s (TWIA) Actuarial & Underwriting Committee will meet via GoToWebinar on Tuesday, June 30 at 1:00 p.m. to continue its evaluation of proposals for actuarial services submitted in response to the Association’s February 6 (RFP). The agenda for the meeting is available here, and the meeting materials are available here. The meeting will also be livestreamed on YouTube.
TWIA identified 15 qualified firms and invited them to submit proposals by February 26. Seven firms submitted proposals by the deadline. TWIA staff scored the proposals against an agreed set of criteria. The Actuarial & Underwriting Committee met on March 10 and reviewed the proposals and staff’s scoring of the proposals, selecting four for further consideration:
- The Burkhalter Group
- Willis Towers Watson
These four firms will be invited to make a presentation and answer questions from the Committee at the June 30 meeting. TWIA expects to contract with the selected firm as soon as practicable following the meeting.
Individuals wishing to make public comment about items to be considered at the meeting during the designated period of the agenda may do so by joining the meeting via GoToWebinar.
Members of the public may also submit comments about items to be considered by the Committee prior to the meeting by emailing PublicComment@twia.org. Written comments must be received by noon CT on Friday, June 26 in order to be compiled and shared with the Committee members in advance of the meeting. Written comments submitted to TWIA are subject to the Texas Public Information Act. TWIA may post public comments received, with personally identifiable information redacted, to its website.
How to Access the June 30 TWIA Actuarial & Underwriting Committee meeting via GoToWebinar:
- Individuals interested in viewing the Actuarial & Underwriting Committee meeting may click here to register for and access the meeting.
- On the registration page, simply enter your first name, last name, and email address. Please ensure your email address has been entered correctly. Then, click the “Register” button.
- You may also enter your organization and job title on the registration page; however, these fields are optional.
- After you click the “Register” button, you will be taken to the confirmation page. From here, you can:
- Join the webinar if it is currently in progress, or
- Save the webinar information to your calendar to access on the day of the meeting.
- You will also receive a confirmation email from TWIA Communications (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the details for accessing the meeting and information about technical requirements for the GoToWebinar software.
- Instructions for making public comment in GoToWebinar will be provided during the meeting.
A more detailed description of the registration and public comment process for this GoToWebinar meeting can be found here.
A recording of the meeting will be posted to TWIA’s website. If you are a member of the media, you may send inquiries to email@example.com.