Updated on 12/19/22 with new physical address
Attention agents: This is a reminder about changes to how and where to mail checks and money orders to TWIA. The new process starts tomorrow, October 21, and will allow for quicker posting of mailed payments for TWIA policyholders.
Note: No changes are being made to EFT or eCheck payments. These options remain the fastest payment methods.
1. Preferred Mailing Method: A new TWIA PO Box mailing address. Starting October 21, payments mailed with the payment coupon by USPS to the new PO Box address below will be posted using the date the payment is received and applied to the policy the next business day.
PO BOX 843146
Dallas, TX 75284-3146
Please note: The new PO Box address should only be used for submitting policy premium payments. Do not send policy change requests or non-payment related documents to the new PO Box address. Please send requests for policy changes through Policy Center.
2. Expanded Approved Mailing Methods: A new option to submit payment by additional traceable mailing methods. While mailing payments to the new PO Box above is TWIA’s preferred mailing method, TWIA will process payments mailed to our physical mailing address by the following approved traceable methods:
• USPS Registered Mail
• USPS Certified Mail
• USPS Priority Mail Express
• Regular mail that is hand-cancelled by USPS
• Other services that provide acceptable, traceable proof of mail date
This option is recommended for those mailing payments close to the due date and concerned about their payment arriving late. Payments sent by any of the traceable mailing methods listed above will be posted using the date the payment was mailed. You and your clients should use the following address for these approved mailing methods:
4801 Southwest Parkway
Building 1, Suite 200
Austin, TX 78735
You and your clients may mail payments to either address. The mailing method you select will determine the posting date of the payment.
We have compiled a list of questions and answers about these changes to help you explain these changes to your clients.
We will continue to update you about the other upcoming changes to TWIA’s payment options and processes through the end of the year, including policyholder installment payments and online payment options.
If you have any questions or concerns, our Policy Services team is here to help. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (800) 231-5360.
We look forward to continuing to improve our service to you and your clients.