Public Invited to Comment as TWIA Board Meets in Austin on May 17Published on: May 6, 2022
Essential Meeting Information:
- TWIA’s Board of Directors will meet on Tuesday, May 17, 2022, at 9:00 a.m. CT at the Hyatt Regency Hotel, 208 Barton Springs Road, Austin, TX 77554.
- Access the meeting agenda and materials.
- TWIA received three written public comments for this meeting.
- To make public comment, email PublicComment@twia.org, attend the meeting in person at the Hyatt Regency in Austin, or attend virtually via Zoom.
- Watch the livestream on YouTube.
Among the issues to be addressed or reviewed by the Board are:
- Update on the launch of upgraded policy systems;
- Update on reinsurance arrangements and catastrophe funding for the 2022 storm season;
- Update on early redemption of the Series 2014 Bonds;
- Establishment of a 2022 line of credit to allow for quickly paying claims in the event of a catastrophic storm impacting the Texas coast this year;
- Retirement of the General Manager and search for a new General Manager; and
- Report on the activities of the Legislative & External Affairs Committee.
The Board will NOT consider any changes to TWIA rates at this meeting.
All meetings of the TWIA Board of Directors and its committees are open to the public. The public may attend and make public comment in person at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Austin or virtually via Zoom. Members of the TWIA Board and staff may participate in the meeting in person or virtually. The meeting will also be livestreamed on YouTube.
Providing Public Comment to the Board
Members of the public can submit written comments via email at PublicComment@TWIA.org. Interested parties are encouraged to submit comments by noon on Friday, May 13, to enable the Board to receive and review them before the May 17 meeting. TWIA staff will provide the Board with all written comments regardless of when the Association receives them.
Written comments submitted to TWIA are subject to the Texas Public Information Act. TWIA will post public comments received, with personally identifiable information redacted, at the bottom of this page.
Members of the public can provide verbal comments to the Board during the designated public comment portion of the meeting. If you want to make public comment during the meeting, you must attend the meeting at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Austin or register and log into the meeting via Zoom on a computer, tablet, smartphone, or telephone.
- Click here to register to attend the meeting via Zoom.
- After registering for the meeting, you will receive a confirmation email with details on how to join the meeting from your preferred device.
- The meeting will also be livestreamed on YouTube.
Anyone attending the meeting at the Hyatt Regency is encouraged to follow the latest CDC guidance on mask wearing and comply with social distancing protocols. A limited number of TWIA staff will be on-site at the Hyatt Regency to facilitate the public comment process.
Members of the media with questions about the Board meeting, please email MediaRelations@TWIA.org.
The meeting materials and archived recording for the Board meeting will be added to our Archived Meetings page after the meeting.
Written Public Comment Received
As of May 16, 2022, TWIA has received three written public comments related to this meeting. Public comments are posted here within two business days of being received by TWIA.