What is TWIA?
The Texas Windstorm Insurance Association (TWIA) was established by the Texas Legislature in 1971 in response to regional market conditions following Hurricane Celia in August 1970. Our purpose is to provide windstorm and hail insurance in the Texas seacoast. TWIA is governed by Chapter 2210 of the Insurance Code (Chapter 2210).
Working at TWIA
Our Mission and Vision
TWIA’s mission is to provide essential property insurance products and services to eligible Texas properties when no one else will.
TWIA’s vision is to be respected and trusted by our stakeholders.
TWIA embraces and supports the growth, development and success of its employees.
People are the heart of TWIA. From providing essential insurance when no one else will, to educating Gulf Coast communities about hurricane preparedness, to fostering a culture of continuous improvement, service and accountability at our operations headquarters in Austin, Texas, our employees are our greatest strength and the key to our success. TWIA offers continuing education and training to help employees cultivate their skills and expand their career within a unique and collaborative workplace. We don’t just ask our people to deliver to the highest standards; we also support their efforts to develop and improve their skills.
Working at TWIA means being part of a team that is qualified, innovative, passionate about its contributions and acutely aware of its responsibility as a steward of the public trust. Being a member of the TWIA family means:
- Providing quality service to our policyholders
- Valuing the interests of our broad spectrum of stakeholders
- Ensuring the financial sustainability of the enterprise
- Operating efficiently in order to achieve the best use of policyholder funds
- Being a steward of the public trust and holding ourselves to a high standard of ethics
- Objectively measuring performance and being accountable for results
Diversity at Work
TWIA reflects the diversity of our community and those we serve.
TWIA strives to uphold an inclusive and fair work environment for its employees. Every member of our organization participates in comprehensive training which is a full-day orientation program designed with several objectives such as celebrating diversity, educating about, and preventing, workplace harassment. We actively seek diverse applicants, including veterans of our armed forces, through targeted advertising campaigns. By fostering an inclusive and engaged workforce, we are better able to drive performance and deliver excellence to those we serve.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value our diverse workforce. TWIA strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees and applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, qualified veterans, or any other characteristic protected by law.
TWIA offers competitive pay along with a robust and comprehensive benefits package.
Health and Welfare Benefits
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Group Life, AD&D, and Dependent Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
- 401(k) and Pension
- Other insurance options (travel, pet, term life, etc.)
Pay, Performance, and Career Growth
- Awards and Recognition Program
- Individual Performance Incentives
- Training and Professional Development
- Online and Offsite Seminars
- Certifications, Designations, and Licenses Incentives
Work/Life Balance and Wellness
- Vacation, Sick Leave, Observed Paid Holidays, Personal Holidays, and Worked Holidays
- Disability and Extended Leave
- Flex Time, Flexible Scheduling, and Telework
- Employee Discounts and Employee Assistance Program
Consider a new opportunity at TWIA.
The TWIA Jobs Center is our online employment center. This is where you can see our current openings and apply for a position at our home office in Austin, Texas. Click on the button below to find out what positions are currently available at TWIA and take the first step toward an exciting and rewarding career with our organization. Check back soon for employee testimonials and read why our staff enjoy being a part of TWIA. We love working here, and so will you!
Meetings of the TWIA Board of Directors are open to the public and subject to the Texas Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 Texas Government Code. Meetings are usually held quarterly, but may be scheduled whenever it is necessary for the board to meet. Prior to any meeting, TWIA will post notice of the meeting on the TWIA and TDI websites and in the Texas Register. TWIA will broadcast live on its website all meetings of the Board of Directors, other than closed executive sessions.
Next Board Meeting
February 18, 2020
The next TWIA Board meeting will be held at the Marriott South in Austin, Texas.
- Agenda – Available prior to the meeting
- Meeting Materials – Available prior to the meeting
- Broadcast – Available prior to the meeting
Next Committee Meeting
No committee meetings are currently scheduled.
- Agenda – available prior to the meeting
- Meeting Materials – available prior to the meeting
- Broadcast – available prior to the meeting
About TWIA Policies
TWIA policies provide coverage only for wind and hail losses. No other perils are covered by TWIA policies. Applications for coverage, accompanied by the full annual premium, may be submitted to TWIA through any property and casualty agent properly licensed through the Texas Department of Insurance (TDI).
Tools for teachers, students, and property owners to learn about and prepare for hurricanes and other windstorms.
Next Outreach Event
None currently scheduled
Administered by the Texas Department of Insurance, the Coastal Outreach and Assistance Services Team (COAST) provides information and educational programs on the TWIA claims process.
Agent Advisory Group
Fosters open communication between TWIA and the agent community about the issues that matter to them most.
Annual Statutory Statements
Audited Statutory Statements
Quarterly Statutory Statements
2019 Rate Adequacy Analysis
Annual Report Cards
Interim Report Cards