Renewals for Properties Affected by Harvey
Rebuilding after a hurricane is a long-term process. One that presents issues many policyholders have never had to think about, such as policy renewals. We hope this post helps alleviate concerns and […]Read More
Before you can submit applications to TWIA, you must register with us.
Registration Forms: W9 form, ACH form, EFT Authorization Request form
1. Look up your Texas Department of Insurance license number.
2. Complete the Agency Registration for TWIA Agent Portal form. You will need additional registration forms (listed above) for this step.
3. You will receive an email with the next steps in the registration process.
4. Once registration is complete, TWIA Agent Services will contact you with login information to the Marshall & Swift/Boeckh (MSB) replacement cost calculator.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a post-event premium surcharge?
- What should I do if I can’t log into the TWIA Agent Portal?
- What happens if the insured’s check is returned to TWIA due to insufficient funds?
- How will I be paid my commission?
The Agent Community
Over 6,500 agents are registered to write TWIA policies in the state of Texas.
TWIA’s costs associated with policy issuance, billing, and other operations are only 5.3% of the premiums we collect. This is less than half the average cost for other insurance companies in Texas, which is 12%.