TWIA Actuarial & Underwriting Committee to Meet, Make Recommendation on Probable Maximum Loss for 2023 Storm Season FundingPublished on: December 22, 2022
Essential Meeting Information:
- TWIA’s Actuarial & Underwriting Committee will meet on Wednesday, January 11 at 10:00 a.m. CT to make a recommendation on probable maximum loss for the Association’s 2023 storm season funding.
- Access the meeting agenda.
- Members of the public can provide written comments via email before the meeting or provide virtual or in-person comment at the meeting.
- In-person comment may be made at TWIA’s new office location: 4801 Southwest Parkway, Building 1, Suite 200, Austin, TX 78735.
The Texas Windstorm Insurance Association’s Actuarial & Underwriting Committee will meet on Wednesday, January 11 at 10:00 a.m. CT to discuss and make a recommendation to the Board for determining the Association’s statutorily required 1:100 probable maximum loss (PML) for the 2023 storm season. The 1:100 PML establishes the minimum amount of reinsurance needed to meet the Association’s statutory funding obligations.
TWIA’s catastrophe modeling vendor, Aon, will present information on the 2023 catastrophe model results and be available to answer questions to aid the Committee in their recommendation.
All meetings of the TWIA Board of Directors and its committees are open to the public. The public may attend and make public comment in person at TWIA’s office in Austin or virtually via Zoom. Members of the Committee and staff may participate in the meeting in person or virtually. The meeting will also be livestreamed on YouTube.
Providing Public Comment to the Committee
Members of the public can submit written comments via email at PublicComment@TWIA.org. Interested parties are encouraged to submit comments by noon on Monday, January 9, to enable the Committee to receive and review them before the January 11 meeting. TWIA staff will provide the Committee with all written comments regardless of when the Association receives them.
Written comments submitted to TWIA are subject to the Texas Public Information Act. TWIA will post public comments received, with personally identifiable information redacted, at the bottom of this page.
Members of the public can provide verbal comments to the Committee during the designated public comment portion of the meeting. If you want to make public comment during the meeting, you must attend the meeting at TWIA’s office in Austin or register and log into the meeting via Zoom on a computer, tablet, smartphone, or telephone.
- Click here to register to attend the meeting via Zoom.
- After registering for the meeting, you will receive a confirmation email with details on how to join the meeting from your preferred device.
- The meeting will also be livestreamed on YouTube.
Anyone attending the meeting at TWIA’s office in Austin is encouraged to follow the latest CDC guidance on mask wearing and comply with social distancing protocols. A limited number of TWIA staff will be on-site to facilitate the public comment process.
Members of the media with questions about the Committee meeting, please email MediaRelations@TWIA.org.
The meeting materials and archived recording for the Committee meeting will be added to our Archived Meetings page after the meeting.
Written Public Comment Received
As of December 22, 2022, TWIA has received no written public comment related to this meeting. Public comments are posted here within two business days of being received by TWIA.