TWIA Seeks Recommendations for Actuarial & Underwriting Committee MembershipPublished on: January 4, 2022
UPDATE: The application and recommendation period for TWIA’s Actuarial & Underwriting Committee closed on January 28, 2022. The Association appreciates the interest in the Committee shown by our stakeholders. All decisions on appointment(s) to the Committee will be made by the TWIA Board of Directors.
The Texas Windstorm Insurance Association (TWIA) Board of Directors is seeking interested persons to serve on the Association’s Actuarial & Underwriting Committee. Applicants should have:
- demonstrated experience with TWIA-related issues;
- actuarial, underwriting, or other technical expertise; and/or
- diverse perspectives, with backgrounds in insurance, public service, or other relevant areas.
The Committee provides expertise and advice to the TWIA Board of Directors on technical matters pertaining to underwriting, rate adequacy, use of catastrophe modeling, and related areas as assigned by the Board. Specific tasks customarily assigned to the Committee have included:
- review of the Association’s annual Rate Adequacy Analysis and related recommendations to the Board;
- evaluation of underwriting data and its applicability to actuarial issues; and
- assessment of potential vendors for contracts related to the Committee’s areas of expertise.
Committee members are expected to review and make recommendations based on information provided by TWIA staff, TWIA vendors, and other sources. The Committee meets at least once a year but may meet more frequently depending on work assigned to it by the Board of Directors.
If you have questions about the Committee or this recommendation process, please contact CommunicationsMail@twia.org.