Essential Meeting Information:
- TWIA’s Board of Directors will meet on Thursday, January 19 at 10:00 a.m. CT to determine the Association’s 1:100 probable maximum loss (PML) for the 2023 storm season.
- The TWIA Board is expected to consider a recommendation on the determination of the 1:100 PML from the Actuarial & Underwriting Committee, which meets on January 11.
- Access the meeting agenda and materials.
- Members of the public can provide written comments via email before the meeting or provide virtual or in-person comments at the meeting.
The Texas Windstorm Insurance Association’s Board of Directors will meet on Thursday, January 19 at 10:00 a.m. CT to determine the Association’s 1:100 probable maximum loss (PML) for the 2023 storm season. The 1:100 PML establishes the minimum amount of reinsurance needed to meet the Association’s statutory funding obligations. The meeting agenda and materials are available.
The TWIA Board’s Actuarial & Underwriting Committee will meet Wednesday, January 11 at 10:00 a.m. to discuss and make a recommendation to the Board for determining the Association’s statutorily required 1:100 probable maximum loss (PML) for the 2023 storm season. The Committee is expected to deliver its recommendation to the TWIA Board at the January 19 meeting.
TWIA’s catastrophe modeling vendor, Aon, will present information on the 2023 catastrophe model results and be available to answer questions to help the Board make their decision. The Association’s reinsurance broker, Gallagher Re, will also be available to answer questions during the meeting.
All meetings of the TWIA Board of Directors and its committees are open to the public. The public may attend and make public comment in person at TWIA’s office in Austin or virtually via Zoom. Members of the Board and staff may participate in the meeting in person or virtually. The meeting will also be livestreamed on YouTube.
Providing Public Comment to the Board
Members of the public can submit written comments via email at PublicComment@TWIA.org. Interested parties are encouraged to submit comments by noon on Tuesday, January 17, to enable the Board to receive and review them before the January 19 meeting. TWIA staff will provide the Board with all written comments regardless of when the Association receives them.
Written comments submitted to TWIA are subject to the Texas Public Information Act. TWIA will post public comments received, with personally identifiable information redacted, at the bottom of this page.
Members of the public can provide verbal comments to the Board during the designated public comment portion of the meeting. If you want to make public comment during the meeting, you must attend the meeting at TWIA’s office in Austin or register and log into the meeting via Zoom on a computer, tablet, smartphone, or telephone.
- Click here to register to attend the meeting via Zoom.
- After registering for the meeting, you will receive a confirmation email with details on how to join the meeting from your preferred device.
- The meeting will also be livestreamed on YouTube.
Anyone attending the meeting at TWIA’s office in Austin is encouraged to follow the latest CDC guidance on mask wearing and comply with social distancing protocols. A limited number of TWIA staff will be on-site to facilitate the public comment process.
Members of the media with questions about the Board meeting, please email MediaRelations@TWIA.org.
The meeting materials and archived recording for the Board meeting will be added to our Archived Meetings page after the meeting.
Written Public Comment Received
As of January 18, 2023, TWIA has received two written public comment related to this meeting. Public comments are posted here within two business days of being received by TWIA.