Winter Storm UpdatePublished on: February 18, 2021
Thank you for your patience as we respond to the impacts of this week’s winter storms. We are working to resume normal business operations as soon as possible and hope to be able to do so on Monday.
Like many others across the state, our operations have been affected by ongoing power and internet outages. We recently secured fuel for our backup generator and are actively working to bring the TWIA Agent Portal and Claims Center back online. This is a multi-step process and is subject to internet availability.
We will post another update on Monday to share the status of these efforts. In the meantime, we wish you and your loved ones warmth and safety.
What services are currently available?
- Our claims call center is taking calls at (800) 788-8247.
- Our claims team is contacting policyholders when and where that is possible. However, due to power, internet, and technology constraints, please expect delays in on-site inspections and claims processing times.
- Because our systems are currently unavailable, payments will not be reflected on policies until systems come back online. However, we are committed to working with you to avoid lapses in coverage. Our physical and online policyholder payment systems are accepting premium payments.
- Agents and policyholders can mail any premium payments to PO Box 843146, Dallas, TX 75284-3146.
- Agents who are concerned about a payment posting in time are encouraged to email firstname.lastname@example.org. This will alert us and create a timestamp.
What services are NOT available?
- The TWIA Agent Portal and Claims Center systems are offline.
- This means agents will be unable to submit new policies, change policies, inquire about the status of a policy, print Declarations pages, submit claims, or view the status of a claim.
- Calls made directly to TWIA phone numbers will not connect.
- You can still report a claim by calling (800) 788-8247.
- Emails may not be answered until power is restored in Austin and surrounding areas.