7/18/2022 Update: Effective July 18, 2022, Wellington no longer provides premium financing services. Visit www.twia.org/payments to learn about other payment options.
TWIA is closely monitoring the rapidly evolving COVID-19 Coronavirus situation. We are committed to continuing to serve our coastal communities while taking steps to protect the safety and health of our employees and those we do business with, including agents, policyholders, and other stakeholders.
Here’s what we’re doing:
- TWIA remains open for business, continuing with all existing business processes and resources.
- TWIA offices are closed to visitors and members of the public at this time. Most TWIA employees are working remotely.
- The March 23 meeting of the Underwriting & Actuarial Committee meeting has been postponed and will be rescheduled at a later date.
- All TWIA business travel, including coastal outreach events, has been canceled until further notice.
Here’s what agents need to know:
- Processes, deadlines, and TWIA resources have not been impacted at this time.
- All policy transactions with TWIA can still be conducted electronically. You may send policyholder payments to TWIA by eCheck, EFT, mailing a check to TWIA, or via Wellington Premium Finance or other premium financing company.
- We understand that agent offices may continue to be open and accept payment in person from policyholders. We encourage you to follow the guidance of local, state, and national authorities in regard to interacting with your clients and the public.
- If your office must close for any reason or you are concerned you may not be available to answer questions, we advise you to notify your TWIA policyholder clients of their options for remitting payment to TWIA directly for a policy renewal (See our TWIA New Renewal Process Top 10 Agent FAQs for more information).
- More information on sending policyholder payments is available in the Training Center on our website.
- If you need assistance, we encourage you to direct inquiries to Policy Services via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Policy Services and TWIA’s Underwriting Department are also available to assist you by phone.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Policy Services at (800) 788-8247 or email@example.com. The TWIA team looks forward to continuing to work with you and will update you on any critical changes as we monitor the evolving situation.