TDI has approved four new TWIA endorsements. We created these endorsements to reduce confusion and make important information about our policies more visible.
The endorsements are:
- TWIA 311: Extension of Coverage – Additional Living Expense
- TWIA 321: Extension of Coverage – Wind-Driven Rain
- TWIA 331: Extension of Coverage – Consequential Loss
- TWIA 810: Specified Building or Structure Exclusion Endorsement
About TWIA 311, 321, and 331
Endorsements TWIA 311, 321, and 331 all cover indirect losses. They represent a reorganization of the coverages provided by our existing endorsements: TWIA 310, 320, and 330. There is a disclaimer at the end of the endorsements that clarifies the coverage provided.
Here’s how TWIA offers coverage for indirect losses through these endorsements:
|Endorsement Number||TWIA 311||TWIA 321||TWIA 331|
|Provisions||Additional Living Expense||Wind-Driven Rain||Consequential Loss|
About TWIA 810
We created Endorsement TWIA 810 to increase the visibility of items that may be excluded from a particular Dwelling policy.
This endorsement continues to allow the policyholder to receive coverage through TWIA while excluding any items with insurability issues that do not comply with our underwriting guidelines and requirements. The exclusion of an item can be reversed if the insurability issues are resolved.
If TWIA determines it is necessary to exclude an item from a policy:
- The policyholder will be notified of underwriting concerns/issues by letter
- A new Declarations page will show this new endorsement attached to the policy
- A coverage change notice will indicate what was changed
- The endorsement itself will contain a description of what is being excluded
If the policyholder does not sign and return a copy of the endorsement, we will issue a Notice of Cancellation and cancel the policy.
Where to Find the Endorsements
Samples of the endorsements are available at www.twia.org/forms-sample-policies-endorsements-certificates.