New Agent Portal Launches April 18Published on: April 7, 2022
Attention agents: In just a few weeks, on April 18, you will have access to a new TWIA Agent Portal.
The New Agent Portal represents the culmination of many significant upgrades, based on your feedback. It offers a centralized, streamlined, user-friendly space to work and communicate with us. It will not change our underwriting or claims services, just the online system in which they are administered.
Information to Help Agents Prepare
- Complete open quotes before 12:00 p.m. on April 15. Open quotes in the current agent portal will not be available to you after 12:00 p.m. on Friday, April 15. Review these quotes and, if required, submit them beforehand. If you do not, you will have to resubmit them in the new portal after April 18.
- Use your current username and password in the New Agent Portal. If you have trouble logging in, first try resetting your password using the Forgot Password button on the login page.
- Our systems will be unavailable the weekend of April 15. The TWIA Agent Portal and Claims Center will be unavailable while we bring the new portals online. That work will start at 12:00 p.m. on Friday, April 15, and is expected to last through Sunday, April 17. Claims reporting will still be available by calling (800) 788-8247.
- You’re invited to webinars on the new portals: They are currently underway. Click here to learn more and register.
New Agent Portal – Top Things to Know
- It is compatible with more internet browsers. You can use Edge, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari to access the New Agent Portal.
- Enjoy a more integrated portal. With one login, you arrive at one dashboard to manage all your TWIA accounts.
- For now, printing a quote is different. To share a quote, you will have to use the Print Screen (Windows, Mac) or Print to PDF function on your computer to save it as a file.
- There will be two agent portals for about a year. Policies written in the old portal (and their claims) will be managed there for the life of the policy term. Starting April 18, when/if a policy is renewed, it will become available in the New Agent Portal. This applies to renewals with an effective date on or after July 17, 2022 (90 days after April 18).
On April 18, we are also launching a new Policyholder Portal. It will become available to your clients over the next year, as their policies are written and renewed into it.
New Policyholder Portal – Top Things to Know
- This is a brand-new portal for your clients. With one login, policyholders arrive at one dashboard to view their policy, renew it themselves, make a payment, and report a claim.
- Policyholders will have more payment options. They can use the Policyholder Portal to pay in one, two, four, or ten payments. Online payment options include eCheck, credit card, and debit card. They will be applied to the policyholder’s account immediately. In compliance with banking regulations, you cannot use the Policyholder Portal to make a payment on behalf of your clients. However, almost all of these payment options are available through the Agent Portal.
- Only 15% of the annual premium is needed to issue a policy. The TWIA 10 Pay Plan divides the annual policy premium across ten monthly payments. Those who choose this plan must enable automatic payments.
- There will be two policyholder payment systems for a while. Policies written in the Old Agent Portal can be paid by the policyholder through the current third-party website. Policies written in the New Agent Portal can be paid by the policyholder through the new Policyholder Portal.
- Policyholders must create a TWIA account to access the Policyholder Portal. An invitation will be emailed to policyholders when you submit their application. Please verify your client’s email address during the application process to ensure they receive this important email.
We are excited to take this next step forward with you. If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know. Email email@example.com or call (800) 788-8247.