Essential Meeting Information:
- TWIA's Legislative & External Affairs Committee will meet on Wednesday, April 27, at 10:00 a.m. CT.
- Access the meeting agenda and meeting materials on TWIA’s website.
- To make public comment, email PublicComment@twia.org, attend the meeting in person at TWIA’s office in Austin, or attend virtually via Zoom.
- Watch the livestream on YouTube.
The TWIA Board’s Legislative & External Affairs Committee will meet on April 27 at 10:00 a.m. CT. At this meeting, the Committee will begin planning the Association’s Biennial Report to the Texas Legislature. The agenda and materials for the meeting are available on TWIA's website.
The Committee will develop recommendations to present to TWIA’s Board of Directors regarding the content of the Biennial Report. The Biennial Report must be submitted to the Texas Legislature in the year before a legislative session. By statute, the report must include:
- Any proposed changes in the laws relating to the regulation of TWIA,
- A statement of the reasons for the changes, and
- Any information regarding TWIA operations or procedures that is requested by the Texas Department of Insurance to be addressed in the report.
The most recent TWIA Biennial Report, published in 2020, is available on TWIA’s website.
All meetings of the TWIA Board of Directors and its committees are open to the public. The public may attend and make public comment in person at TWIA’s office in Austin or virtually via Zoom. Members of the Committee and staff may participate in the meeting in person or virtually. The meeting will also be livestreamed on YouTube.
Providing Public Comment to the Committee
Members of the public can submit written comments via email at PublicComment@TWIA.org. Interested parties are encouraged to submit comments by noon on Monday, April 25, to enable the Committee to receive and review them before the April 27 meeting. TWIA staff will provide the Committee with all written comments regardless of when the Association receives them.
Written comments submitted to TWIA are subject to the Texas Public Information Act. TWIA will post public comments received, with personally identifiable information redacted, at the bottom of this page.
Members of the public can provide verbal comments to the Committee during the designated public comment portion of the meeting. If you want to make public comment during the meeting, you can attend the meeting at TWIA’s office in Austin or register and log into the meeting via Zoom on a computer, tablet, smartphone, or telephone.
- Click here to register to attend the meeting via Zoom.
- After registering for the meeting, you will receive a confirmation email with details on how to join the meeting from your preferred device.
- The meeting will also be livestreamed on YouTube.
Anyone attending the meeting at TWIA’s office in Austin is encouraged to follow the latest CDC guidance on mask wearing and comply with social distancing protocols. A limited number of TWIA staff will be on-site to facilitate the public comment process.
Members of the media with questions about the Committee meeting, please email MediaRelations@TWIA.org.
The meeting materials and archived recording for the Committee meeting will be added to our Archived Meetings page after the meeting.
Written Public Comment Received
As of April 26, 2022, TWIA has received four written public comments related to this meeting. Public comments are posted here within two business days of being received by TWIA.
- Public Comments Received April 14, 2022
- Public Comments Received April 21, 2022
- Public Comment Received April 25, 2022