Public Invited to Comment as TWIA Board Considers 2024 Association Budget, Agent Commissions at December 12 MeetingPublished on: December 1, 2023
Essential Meeting Information:
- The TWIA Board of Directors will meet in Corpus Christi on Tuesday, December 12, 2023, at 9:00 a.m.
- Access the meeting agenda and meeting materials.
- Members of the public can provide written comments via email before the meeting or provide virtual or in-person comment at the meeting.
The Texas Windstorm Insurance Association Board of Directors will meet at the Omni Hotel in Corpus Christi on Tuesday, December 12, 2023, at 9:00 a.m. The meeting agenda and meeting materials are available for public review.
Among the items on the agenda for this meeting are:
- A vote by the Board on the Association’s 2024 budget.
- Presentation of updates and possible action on a study of insurance agent commissions, which was previously requested by the Board.
- A staff update on the Automatic Adjusted Building Cost Factors.
- Annual performance evaluation of the General Manager in closed session.
All meetings of the TWIA Board of Directors and its committees are open to the public. The public may attend and make public comment in person at the Omni Hotel in Corpus Christi or virtually via Zoom. Members of the Board and staff may participate in the meeting in person or virtually. The meeting will also be livestreamed on YouTube.
Public Participation and Comment
TWIA is providing three methods for stakeholders to provide public comment to the Board of Directors:
1.) Written Public Comment
Members of the public are invited to submit written comments via email at PublicComment@TWIA.org. Interested parties are encouraged to submit comments by noon on Friday, December 8, to enable the Board to receive and review them before the December 12 meeting. TWIA staff will provide the Board with all written comments regardless of when they are received.
Written comments submitted to TWIA are subject to the Texas Public Information Act. TWIA will post public comments received, with personally identifiable information redacted, at the bottom of this web post.
2.) Virtual Verbal Public Comment via Zoom
Individuals wishing to make verbal public comment remotely during the meeting must register and log into the meeting via Zoom on a computer, tablet, smartphone, or telephone. Please make sure you have the latest version of Zoom on your device before joining the meeting. Learn how to update to the latest version of Zoom here.
- You can register to attend the meeting via Zoom.
- After registering for the meeting, you will receive a confirmation email with details on how to join the meeting from your preferred device.
- This method of comment is audio only (no video).
3.) In-Person Verbal Public Comment at the Omni Hotel in Corpus Christi
Individuals wishing to make in-person verbal public comment must attend the Board meeting at the Omni Hotel in Corpus Christi. TWIA staff will facilitate the public comment process.
The full address of the meeting location is:
900 N Shoreline Blvd.
Corpus Christi, TX 78401
Members of the media with questions about the Board meeting, please email MediaRelations@TWIA.org.
The meeting materials and archived recording for the Board meeting will be added to our Meeting Library after the meeting.
Written Public Comment Received
As of December 12, 2023, TWIA has received twelve written public comments related to this meeting. Public comments are posted here within two business days of being received by TWIA.